What is HTML?
HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language is used to create web pages as well as other types of documents viewable in a web browser.
HTML is a standard specified and maintained by World Wide Web Consortium.
From its invention, HTML has evolved through different versions. Present version of HTML is HTML 4.01.
Next version of HTML is HTML 5, which is under development but developers have already started using some of its features.
In the consequent pages, we will discuss HTML 4.01 in detail. Learning which, you will be able to create web pages by your own.
Features of the w3resource HTML tutorials
We have covered all the HTML 4.01 elements or tags and their attributes. Because it is HTML elements (or tags ) and attributes, which you need to understand for learning HTML. While discussing an HTML tag or elements in our HTML tutorials, we have used following features to help you to understand better:
1. We have started with a clear and simple description.
2. We have given a Syntax so that you can remember how to write it.
3. A Usage to show you how to write it in practice.
4. We have shown the Result of the usage.
5. Since HTML tags may or may not have and end tag to close the element, we have always shown if Start and end tags are required or not.
6. In which Category the HTML element belongs to, i.e. if it for text or for heading or for creating forms etc.
7. Which other elements or what type of content that HTML tag Can contain.
8. Within which other elements that HTML tag May reside.
9. Different Attributes of that tag, their description, and examples.
10. An example of that HTML tag.
11. The result of that example.
12. View the example in a browser.
13. How that tag looks in Different browsers.